Preservation Alliance of La Crosse promotes the heritage of the Coulee Region through education, recognition, appreciation, protection and sensitive reuse of our historic buildings, neighborhoods and landscapes.
Preservation Alliance of La Crosse has been serving La Crosse and the Coulee Region in historic preservation efforts since 1976. When the 1890 Post Office was torn down in 1976, the community outcry was such that PAL was organized by a group of concerned citizens who hoped to educate the region about our rich architectural resources and enhance our area by acknowledging the beautiful buildings and structures from our past.
The PAL office is now located on the mezzanine of the Pump House Regional Arts Center building at 119 King Street near the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wisconsin. The Pump House is an excellent example of what PAL promotes: the renewal or adaptive reuse of historic properties of stylistic interest and importance, and see that they continue to be used in our modern and changing world.